Travel Insurance for your peace of mind, with Sheilas' Wheels
✔ Online discount up to 20%*
✔ Kids go FREE**
✔ Cover options for travel, in Europe or Worldwide
What do I get with Sheilas' Wheels?
- Up to 20% online discount up to 20%*
- Up to 6 kids under 18 can go FREE! (subject to medical screening)**
- Cover options for travel, in Europe or Worldwide
- A choice of 3 levels of cover Essential, Classic or Extra.
- Emergency Medical Cover, up to £20,000,000 per person
- Baggage Cover, up to £2,500 per person (£500 single item limit)
- Legal Expenses, up to £50,000 per person
- Access to the Sheilas' Wheels Holiday Hotline - 24 hours emergency medical assistance
- Personal Accident Cover, up to £50,000 per person
- Airline Financial Failure Cover, up to £2,500 per person
- Cancellation and Curtailment Cover, up to £7,500
Handy Optional Extras
Winter Sports Cover
For a little extra you can buy Winter Sports Cover.
Cover is provided for skiing, snowboarding and off-piste skiing activities only in areas considered safe by local resort management. There is also cover for ski equipment, loss of ski pass and piste closure. There is no cover for ice hockey, ski-jumping, ski-racing, ski-acrobatics or the use of skeletons or bobsleighs. A maximum of days cover per year is provided for those who choose an Annual Policy.
- Pre-existing medical conditions unless declared and accepted by us
- Children who are travelling alone
If you are going on a golfing holiday and are planning to take your clubs, you can choose to include Golf Cover for a small price. You will be covered for:
- Loss, theft or damage to golf equipment on your trip – up to a maximum of £2,500 in total or £500 for any one article
- The cost of hiring golf equipment if your personally owned equipment is temporarily lost, stolen or delayed (for more than 12 hours on your outward journey) – up to £50 per day and £500 in total
- The cost of pre-booked green fees – up to £50 per day and £500 in total
Business Travel Cover
If you are travelling for business, you can spend a little extra to include Business Travel Cover. You will be covered:
- If you’re unable to complete the trip, we will pay cover the cost of sending a replacement business associate up to £2000.
- Up to £3000 in total for business equipment that is damaged, stolen, lost or destroyed on your journey.
- For the loss or theft of money belonging to your employer – up to £500.
If you are planning on celebrating your wedding abroad and want that extra bit of protection, we can insure your, dress, rings, and gifts, as well as any recordings, or photographs if they’re stolen or vandalised.
Wedding cover includes:
- Loss or damage to your wedding rings up to £1000
- Up to £1,500 for wedding gifts and £2,000 for wedding attire
- Up to £1,000 for the reasonable cost incurred to reprint the photographs or replace the video recording of the wedding day
- Baggage and Personal Belongings: In addition to any cover under the Baggage section, cover is also available for weddings, giving you that extra protection for the big day!
Losing your phone or tablet is a nightmare, especially while you’re on holiday.Our gadget cover can protect your devices against theft, accidental damage, loss, and vandalism.
You will be covered for:
We will pay the repair or replacement costs if your gadget is damaged as the result of an accident.
If your gadget is stolen, we will replace it. Where only part or parts of your gadget have been stolen, we will only replace that part or parts. There must be evidence of violence or forcible entry if the theft of your gadget is from an unoccupied premises or vehicle whilst on a journey.
If your gadget is damaged as a result of intentional or deliberate actions of someone else, we will repair it. Where only part or parts of your gadget are damaged, we will only replace that part or parts.
If your gadget is lost, we will replace it. Where only part or parts of your gadget have been lost, we will only replace that part or parts.
If your gadget is lost or stolen, and the loss or theft is covered by your policy, we will refund the cost of unauthorised calls, messages and downloads made from it after the time it was lost or stolen. Cover will only apply to unauthorised usage within 24 hours of discovery of the loss or theft of your gadget. Itemised bills must be provided to support your claim. This cover will only apply if there is no protection from such losses from your network provider.
If you’re lucky enough to be going on a cruise this year, you can boost your cover to take extra care of your belongings. Our insurance also extends to cover any excursions you miss due to being confined to your cabin, and any changes made to the cruise itinerary.
You will be covered for:
We will pay up to the amount shown in the summary of
cover if the treating doctor confines you to your cabin
during your journey for medical reasons.
We will pay up to the amount shown in the summary of
cover for pre-booked and pre-paid excursions that you
cannot go on because the treating doctor confines you to
your cabin during your journey for medical reasons.
Cruise itinerary change
We will pay up to the amount shown in your summary of
cover for each scheduled port visit missed, if the cruise
ship you are booked on is unable to make a scheduled
port stop because of one of the following and no
alternative docking or financial compensation (including
on-board credit) is offered:
- bad weather;
- timetable restrictions.
Increased personal possessions
The limits shown under Personal possessions - Section 5
are increased to the amount shown in your summary of
cover. These amounts are not in addition to the amounts
shown under Section 5 of your summary of cover.
Vehicle hire excess waiver
Our hire car excess cover is designed to pay the deposit and/or excess in your rental agreement if the car is stolen, accidentally damaged, or involved in a traffic accident.
We will refund you the excess / deposit amount shown in your rental agreement, subject to the following limits, if the insured vehicle is accidentally damaged, involved in an accident or stolen during the rental period. Up to the limit shown in your summary of cover or reduced amounts, also shown in your summary of cover, where the excess / deposit applied to your vehicle hire insurance relates to damage to:
- the roof
- the windscreen, windows or sunroof glass
- the undercarriage
- each tyre that needs replacing
- each tyre that can be repaired
The small print
Sheilas’ Wheels Travel Insurance is sold and administered by Hood Travel Limited, registered in England No. 08318836 at 1st Floor Maitland House, Warrior Square, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 2JY. Hood Travel Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under Financial Services Register no. 597211.
The core elements of Sheilas’ Wheels Travel Insurance are underwritten by AWP P&C SA and administered in the UK by Allianz Global Assistance. Allianz Global Assistance is a trading name of AWP Assistance UK Ltd, 102 George Street, Croydon CR9 6HD. AWP Assistance UK Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. AWP P&C SA is duly authorised in France and the United Kingdom and subject to limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority.
* Excludes gadget cover, car hire excess or pre-existing medical conditions and is not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Discount is automatically applied when purchasing online. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the discount at any time.
** Up to 6 children under 18 years can be added to a family policy and will not be charged a premium (unless medical screening is required). We reserve the right to withdraw or amended the offer at any time.